SSDG VOLUME FIVE
In Volume Five of Squarespace Design Guild, we dive into CSS on a few levels.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is for squarespace lovers! From blog site owners to brick and mortar shop owners, to designers who use squarespace as their platform of choice for clients, this course will introduce you to the world of CSS.
By no means is this a full developer course in writing code, you will get familiar with css, the easiest code to write, as well as feel more comfortable knowing what is and is not possible within the platform using ONLY css.
We go through not only the basics of css, but then where to add CSS to your site, HOW to find new items to edit as well as when your advanced css is going to cause a problem. Knowing what is safe and not, is the first step in editing your site for yourself and friends, family and clients.
With tutorial videos, workbooks and a directory of all the CSS tag listings I like to use, you will be able to walk away feeling confident in getting a bit more familiar with your own site.
- Knowledge of basic squarespace site usage, you should feel comfortable in using most blocks, and navigating around a squarespace site, css edits are an advanced step in going beyond the normal edits, so you should feel comfortable using the rest of the design tweaks available.
- Chrome Browser. We will be using CHROME as our go-to for learning about CSS.
WHO THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR:
- Those looking for quick fix answers for a one-time problem. This course will help you feel comfortable editing and learning css on your own, as well as using your own site as the basic starting place to learn squarespace css.
- Those looking to change the functionality in how squarespace works, functions and can be used. Think of CSS as the visual makeover your site can get.
- Those looking to change the way a template is set up or works. An example of this would be adding a sidebar to a template without a blog sidebar.